Salads are the ultimate diet food. But don’t be fooled! Salads may not actually be as healthy as the seem… heavy, creamy, and high-sodium dressings are often the demise of an otherwise “healthy” salad. This avocado-based dressing, however, is not only a diet-friendly, but a great way to enjoy a rich and creamy salad dressing without the extra fat and unwanted cholesterol!
Requiring just a handful of ingredients found in any kitchen, I made this easy (and quick!) recipe as a Ceasar dressing alternative to go with a simple shaved sprouts salad!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 c water
- salt + pepper to taste
- Half, score, and scoop out ripe avocado into a food processor.
- Add other ingredients (lemon juice, olive oil, water, salt and pepper) to food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Enjoy with your favorite salads!
- More or less water can be used to adjust for desired dressing consistency.
- Enhance dressing flavor by adding in other ingredients: garlic clove, garlic salt, paprika, cilantro, etc.